
June 29, 2008 there was a horrible helicopter accident involving 2 medical helicopters. The helicopters involved included one that Allen flies on and also included three of his co-workers who were killed. It has been a real eye opening experience and has made us reflect on what is really important. Allen and I both fly on medical aircraft and this incident has hit very close to home. We attended the memorial services in Flagstaff and Page and also a funeral in Salt Lake City.

On a positive note we actually got a family photo out of the deal. Awesome!!! This is at Wahweap Marina in Page, Arizona.

Lifeflight airplane that I fly on.

Classic Lifegaurd helicopter that Allen flies on.
4 comments:
Hi Aimee! I was just traveling through brit's blog and happened along here. I guess I'm not the only one to catch the blog bug :). Your post is so true, I was just thinking the other day about what it would be like to lose someone on our team and it is just unthinkable. I hope it doesn't sound too trite, but I hope there is some good that comes of the arizona accident. If you get bored and want to check up on my life, you can find me at jaredandgillie.blogspot.com
We are so glad that Allen wasn't on that flight and that all is well. Sorry for the deaths of his co-workers.
Cute family picture!
Hey cute background, I see that you found out how to change it. So glad all is well and you finally got a family picture. Cool photo's of the plane and chopper.
Aimee and Allen, Just wanted to let you know we stopped by your blog and added it to our friends list. Steph and I just about died when we heard the helicopter went down. We called the ambulance Station to see if Allen was working, and The unit to see if you were. Man it sucks when tragedy strikes so close to home. May God be with the families of those you lost.
If you want, you stop by at theperrinexperience.blogspot.com
Post a Comment